Industrial Waste Water Treatment
For industrial wastewater treatment EAOP® using DIACHEM® diamond electrodes is based on the production of hydroxyl radicals. This is exclusively performed through water electrolysis. Hydroxyl radicals produce a “cold incineration” of organic components at highest current efficiencies.
Using EAOP® the degree of pollution in the water can be reduced to a defined limit value.
The advantage of industrial wastewater treatment using EAOP® is the possibility to degrade COD/TOC from a value of several hundred g O2/l to a minimum of a few mg O2/l or even µg O2/l.
EAOP® reduces all organic water components by approx. 99%; this process also works with very low initial concentrations. The high oxidation potential of hydroxyl radicals which oxidize any kind of organic to carbon dioxide is responsible for this effect. This non-selective oxidation is based on the fact that in EAOP® theory all organic water components can be summed up to the parameter COD.
The main advantages of EAOP® are:
- Total Oxidation – energy-efficient COD/TOC reduction as an alternative to incineration in wastewater disposal
- Electrochemical Water Polishing – energy-efficient reduction of persistent and toxic organic components in very low concentrations
- Treatment Combinations – combination of EAOP® with common methods for wastewater treatment to achieve an optimal cost-effective operation
- No additional chemicals needed
- Easy modular adaptation – according to project status – leading from feasibility studies and pilot tests to real wastewater treatment plants
Based on the CONDIACELL® technology CONDIAS develops and supplies electrochemical equipment for industrial wastewater treatment. Therefore in addition to customized DIACHEM® electrodes CONDIAS also offers electrochemical cells and pilot plants for testing the process at customer´s sites.